Thursday, October 12, 2017

Where have I been?!?

Hello! It's been awhile since I last posted on this page, but I've decided to start it up again. Previously when I posted, I posted about the shows I was attending. Sadly, my health got the better of me, and I can no longer do the craft show circuit except maybe once each season. But, I'm not letting this stop me, and have decided to post my postcard creations on here, and chat about the designs. I made this design for my own house, to brighten up things with a bit of Autumn glitter! Autumn is my favorite season, and I can't resist all the goodies around the craft stores and sites for this beautiful time of year. This postcard was actually from an advertisement, but the boy and girl on the swings, the "brother" (in my mind) looking after his little sister, reminded me of the relationship between my brother and I. I decided to decorate it simply, with two glittered leaves in orange and yellow to set off those colors in the main design itself. I also painstakingly hand glittered the minute details of the girl's sash and shoes, and the boy's collar and shoes. I didn't add my usual jeweled bling, preferring the simplicity of the glitter's sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment